Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Patrick - "spout"



This is a photo of the fountain outside our classroom. My first photos taken at iso 200 were basically black, so I raised the iso to 800 and then 1600 which worked. But when I imported them into Lightroom I got more interested in the way too dark versions. So this photo was taken at iso 200, 1/2000 sec, f/4, 32.5mm focal length, but lightened till I could begin to see something. I also changed the white balance to Shady, which gave it a more goldenish glow.


Then I went into Elements where I copied and enlarged the water stream and pasted it above the actual one. I used several filters, multiple layers, highlighted some areas and darkened others, and changed the shape of some shadows. I did multiple versions and it was great fun. I've put some other versions on my blog, along with some photos I made with a spinning bike tire, and one of pipes on the building behind our classroom which I blurred by moving the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment