Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Linda- Sparkle Candles


This is my "mini" practice for fireworks this summer. :-)
After getting my camera set up on the tripod, I set up some sparkle candles into a votive holder. I needed playdough inside to hold them up. After taking a couple of shots before they were lit I decided that having the ISO at 1000 kept the graininess down.
I used a 50mm 1.8 lens, the shutter speed was 1.3 seconds and the aperture f/22.
Those candles burned down quickly and the photo session was done! I wish I'd had time to try a slightly slower shutter speed, but it was looking good and I didn't want to miss my shots.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the light trails coming off the candles, especially on the left. You captured that incredibly well. It really is just like mini fireworks (I am so going to try this!). My only suggestion would be to zoom out a little and move the camera up. I like that the votive holder is at the bottom of the frame, but I think a little more space around the candles would help balance out the picture. Overall, great picture and great idea!

    ReplyDelete