Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Linda- Tulips


OK, as usual, I put off taking photos till the evening before it's due. I was too tired to look around and find anything original to photograph, so I pointed the camera at the slightly late-blooming tulips in my backyard. Sorry.... more tulip pictures ......... SO last month!
I put my Nikon D90 on a tripod and remembered to set my white balance halfway through. It made a LOT of difference! The background with WB set on AUTO was blue-ish and set on CLOUDY made the background nice and green.
I used Aperture priority f/5.6, 1.6 seconds, ISO 200 shot at 150mm.
I did my metering trials and the winner was the matrix (full image) metering. The photo just looked more pleasing and bright.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Composition is great. Love seeing the individual water droplets on the tulips. Very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can anyone ever tire of seeing tulips in bloom?!!! Great photo... I love the way the photo catches your eye on the front tulip and trails off... It reminds me of walking down a path....

    ReplyDelete