Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Butterfly in Dahlia Garden....

Aperture Mode
Subject at 560mm with focal length @ 105mm
Shutter 1/250 @ f/5.6, ISO 100, Exposure 0 EV
Meter Mode: Center Weighted

I tried capturing "motion" using speed mode but they didn't turn out as well. I used slow shutter speeds hoping to show "movement". In retrospect I should've experimented with faster shutter speeds and focused on clarity rather than motion.

I liked the way the aperture mode caught the detail of the butterfly, showing the antenna and legs. I also liked the "macro" effect....showing the small twigs in comparison to the butterfly.

1 comment:

  1. The colors in this picture are fascinating! I love the contrast between the brightness of the butterfly and the dark of the woodchips. I also like how the subject is in focus and the background fades away. Very interesting picture!

    ReplyDelete